You will have a cooperative team spirit, a professional appearance and work attire, strong work ethic, initiative and ability to remain calm under pressure. This role requires above average English, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. A minimum of three to five years litigation support experience required. Must be located in the province of Ontario.
- Preparing, drafting, and revising legal documents and letters independently with minimal supervision.
Review and organize client production documents, scan documents, maintain databases of client contacts.
Assist with preparation of legal documents.
- Assisting with trial preparation, examinations and briefs as required.
- Coordinating the flow of documents between clients and the Justice Centre.
- Working proactively and initiating follow up actions to expedite the flow of work in the practice group.
- Day to day management of files including communications with clients, various levels within the business unit, and various levels of Court, as directed by lawyer.
- Managing correspondence, booking, and scheduling appointments.
- Ability to respond to everyday tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive rapport with legal team, staff, and clients.
- Fulfill a supporting role to the lawyers.
- Other general duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of Civil Litigation matters in Superior Court; experience in other legal forums is a bonus
- Well versed in Rules of Civil Procedure, including court procedures at various levels; knowledge of Ontario Practice
- Directions considered an asset
- Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Word and Outlook
- Experience in organizing, assembling, and drafting various court documents in the Superior Court such Affidavit of Documents, responses to undertakings, Motion and Application Records, affidavits of service, confirmations of motions etc.
- Experience using CaseLines
- Experience in dealing with court registrars, trial coordinators, process servers, court reporters
- Experience should include assisting senior counsel in civil litigation matters
- Motivated, with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Post-secondary education in a recognized Law Clerk Program considered an asset.
- Exceptional computer skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
- Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- An interest in freedom, free speech, and a free society as well as constitutional freedoms.
Please fill out the form below (or email firstname.lastname@example.org) to the attention of: Jay Cameron, Litigation Director.
Please include a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and why you would be a good fit for the Justice Centre.