Essays must be suitable for publication to a general audience and must not contain anything that:
- is illegal, abusive, tortious, defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or otherwise objectionable;
- promotes discrimination based on race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age;
- promotes violence or unsafe or illegal activity;
- is threatening, harassing, or degrading;
- serves to impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent affiliation with any person or entity; or
- disparages or injures the reputation or goodwill of the Justice Centre, Administrator, or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, products, or services.
Entries that do not comply with these requirements (as determined by the Justice Centre in its sole discretion) are void and will be disqualified.
Use of Competition Information
All essay entries become the property of the Justice Centre. The Justice Centre reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
Participants hereby grant the Justice Centre a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation.
Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant the Justice Centre the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license. The Justice Centre is under no obligation to use any Submission or return the Submissions to participants.
Limitations of Liability
By participating in the competition, you agree to release the Justice Centre and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, directors, officers, and agents from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with your participation in the competition.
The Justice Centre is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur.
If for any reason, the competition is not capable of running as planned, the Justice Centre may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.