We’re Hiring! Social Media Specialist
Full time | Monday to Friday | Remote
We’re looking for a creative and talented Social Media Specialist to join our team. We are passionate about defending the rights and freedoms of Canadians through litigation and education. If you’re passionate about our mission, about creating engaging content, and about growing an online community, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement social media strategies
- Connect media with our team of lawyers and experts
- Create engaging content for all social media platforms
- Monitor social media trends and analytics and statistics
- Keep Justice Centre websites up-to-date and exciting
- Create compelling email campaigns
What We’re Looking For:
- Proven experience in social media management and video content creation (two years minimum)
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content and manage social media statistics
- Degree or diploma in marketing, public relations, or communications (or equivalent experience)
Why Join Us?
We are Canada’s leading defender of Charter rights and freedoms in the courts of law and in the court of public opinion. All members of our team have a passion for defending and promoting Canada as a free society in which governments respect human rights, constitutional freedoms and the rule of law. Learn more about our vision and mission here.
We also offer a competitive full-time salary, remote work, and a chance to shape our social media presence. Plus, we have a great team culture!
Ready to apply? Click the link below to submit your application. We can’t wait to see what you’ll bring to our team!
Core Activities and Responsibilities
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for assisting the Justice Centre Communications Department with tasks and projects related to our media, social media, print media, and media data.
- Manages all Justice Centre social media accounts. Ensures that all approved content is posted to social media promptly.
- Collaborates with Communications Department team members to produce short-form video content for our social media platforms.
- Collaborates with the Web and Design Specialist to produce graphics and marketing materials.
- Collaborates with the Web and Design Specialist to ensure that Justice Centre websites are regularly updated and that the websites represent the work of the Justice Centre.
- Creates MailChimp email campaigns (e.g., news releases, fundraising campaigns, event campaigns, etc.).
- Creates monthly Justice Update email campaigns.
- Creates media, MailChimp, and social media analytics reports.
- Submits a project proposal for improving Justice Centre social media presence and growth to the Director of Communications on the first business day of each new quarter.
- Tracks all media inquiry and speaking engagement statistics and submits these to the Director of Communications on the first business day of each new quarter.
- Ensures the Justice Centre MailChimp database is regularly updated.
- Prepares columns and other print materials for publication and distribution.
- Assists the Communications Team with special projects.
- Submits all media inquiries and requests to relevant persons within and beyond the Justice Centre in a timely manner.
Please fill out the following form: