Did you know that Canadian governments increasingly use Digital ID technologies to monitor and track your physical and financial behaviors? In certain cases, governments use what they know about you to unconstitutionally limit your Charter-protected rights and freedoms. New technologies emerge in Canada every day, and Canadians must be informed about how novel technologies impact their fundamental rights and freedoms. In this workshop, we explore:
- Digital ID technologies – what they are, and which ones are being used right now
- Brief overview of how other countries use Digital ID technologies to limit fundamental rights and freedoms
- The growing threat of Digital ID in Canada
- What you can do to protect your Charter rights and freedoms
- What you can do if your Charter rights and freedoms have been violated by Digital ID
Join us for this Zoom workshop with Justice Centre lawyers.
- When: Tuesday, August 16, 2022
- Time: 12:00 p.m. M.S.T.
- Where: Zoom Event (Registrants will receive a zoom link by email.)
- Cost: $10
For inquiries email email@example.com